Saturday, December 21, 2013

Contour Line Pieces

[both photos pending]

- Explanation of your process.  This includes what materials did you uses? Why did you use these materials?   What was your planning like?
- What is one thing you are most proud of in the piece and why?
- If you could go back and change one thing, what would that be?

My first contour piece was using the prompt "wild", a ghost bear (it was a group idea; mine is the one with the base guitar on the right end).  At first, I sketched my outline on the paper in pencil, not adding in too much detail because I knew it was going to be faded greatly by the painting part. Then, I used watercolor to paint the colors in, haphazardly covering it with green, then coloring the guitar and jacket purple so as to contrast with the green. I also splattered the piece with purple paint to make it look more "cool". Once it was dry, I then outlined the picture with pen. I am most proud of the guitar and the way the splatters turned out, though I wish I could make my bear look more bear-like.

My second piece utilized the prompt "urban", and was a contour line drawing of a fox jumping from one building to another. This was the first thing that popped into my mind when I was told urban and contour lines, so I just went with it. Making this piece was simple- I just drew the image with pencil, then drew each line with pen, moving the line up or down where there was a window or the side of a building. I used a red pen for the fox, to make it stand out. I was pretty happy with how the image looked overall, but I really wish I could have fixed the line I messed up on on the left building.

No comments:

Post a Comment