Friday, October 11, 2013

Color Piece: GAME OVER

For my color project, I chose three things- nighttime, my dog, and videogames. Personally, I love the night sky, and how the stars and moon shine against it. I chose it as my background. My dog is almost a given- she's my first dog ever, and we've practically grown up together. I painted her next to me, resting by the tree. Lastly, I've loved videogames since I was a tiny little gal, and decided to make a 3d "GAME OVER: Continue?" thing at the bottom of the page, as well as including an empty health bar at the top of the page. I chose to paint with acrylics because I wanted my picture to look very solid, then used a bit of oil pastel to add the health/magic bars and some minor details. And of course, I used cardboard and acrylic to do the lettering at the bottom. If I were to change anything about this picture, I'd probably want to add more paint details- I'm not very skilled at painting, but if I had had a while more to finish I might have been able to at least fix up a few issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment