Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Realism Piece 3: Tuba Line

Lastly, I chose a picture of myself and two other tubas in a line during marching band to be my main piece. Marching band is a huge part of my life, and I don’t think I would be anywhere near the person I am today without it. I used pencil to create this piece, and used the principal of patterns throughout the whole piece. The reflections on the bells of the tubas were the most difficult for me to recreate, and I spend quite a while trying to make them look correct. Also, the grass texture was hard for me to perfect and I had to erase and redraw multiple times in some areas so that the whole field looked about the same shade. If there was anything that I could fix, I would probably try to add more details to the bells, since I am still unsure about how satisfied I am about their final appearance.
   Overall, the pieces I created for the realism unit turned out a lot better than I was expecting them to. I really think that I did pretty great, and I’m hoping that in future units I will be able to put my talents to the test again like I did on these three works.

No comments:

Post a Comment